Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Summer learning Journey reflection day 1-Fe'ao

WALT:Reflect on the myths and legends about this our native countries.

Hello and welcome to my blog today I've been reading a myth about how NZ was formed.
So Legends say Maui(DemiGod) Created his fishhook by his grandmother's jawbone. Then one day Maui the DemiGod rode in the middle of the pacific island, so he can go fishing. Then he caught a fish. but the fish was actually the North Island of NZ!

 
 Now These are 3 fun facts
1:The Maori name for New Zealand is Aotearoa which means the of long white cloud.
2: If you wanted to become a NZ citizen. You'll need to swear oath of loyalty to Queen!
3:Last of all fun fact number three is the largest city in NZ is Auckland although its capital is wellington.
And there you have it this is what I learnt about this and I'll see you guys the next day bye!


  

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Fe'ao,
    My name is Patricia and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team. How nice is to see that your are actively engaging on completing the activities, way to go! I am here to comment and support your posts and guide you through this program.

    Thanks for sharing such a cool facts about New Zealand! I really like the Maori name for New Zealand, Aotearoa, the land of the long white cloud, because I like names that mean something about the place. Also, I think that Auckland should be the capital of New Zealand instead of Wellington because is the biggest city don't you agree?!🤷‍♂️😂
    Furthermore, is great that you are using pictures to illustrate your post as that creates a strong visual appeal for you text. I just want to remind you that it's important that you attribute (reference), these images correctly to avoid plagiarism, as this is part of the Manaiakalani cybersmart curriculum expectations please refer to this link to learn more: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit​

    This is a great start of your journey and I can't wait to see your next posts!
    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete